How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I am having a problem with my neighbours we live in a part

This answer was rated:

I am having a problem with my neighbours we live in a part own/part rent bungalow. My neighbours refuse to speak to us they turn their backs to us in a very rude way on sight, any communication is done though the landlord by letter they are a housing association. Over the last two years we have received complaints from them over noise or anything else they can think of to make trouble the neighbourhood officer for the housing association always seems to take their side believing everything they say without talking to us at all. They seem to take pride in trying to make trouble. We have just received another letter from the housing association complaining of noise from our dogs barking, they do not bark at night and any barking during the daytime is quickly stopped by me. I am feeling really angry about this as it is most unfair.
Can you give me any advice. Is there anything a can do by law to stop this.

Sorry to hear about this.

It would appear that your neighbours are harassing you and there is protection available to you under the protection from Harassment Act 1997 allowing you to apply for a civil court injunction order to stop your neighbours from their harassment.

See here for more information on the anti harassment injunction and how it may be applied for:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you