How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71135
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, claim submitted on line for £13,500 and only entered the

This answer was rated:

Hi, claim submitted on line for £13,500 and only entered the briefest of information as I thought I was restricted to the number of characters allowed in the relevant response box. I believe that I should really have appended a more comprehensive document, anyway I now need to amend my claim and believe that I need to ask for ‘leave’ to do this. What standard words would I use to start this off? I intend to describe the background of the claim and then list facts. Is that OK. Thanks Peter

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Did you submit the claim online?

Has there yet been a directions hearing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo, yes form submitted on line. No Directions Hearing yet, I need to submit N181 by 10th April.

Thank you.

There is only space with the online system for a limited number of words.

For that reason, submitting a fully detailed claim is usually done as part of the court directions.

There is no reason why you cannot submitted before then using form N244. However it is not so much amended particulars of claim for which the court may charge you a fee as a fully detailed particulars of claim.

My suggestion would be to put it in as part of directions to be ordered by the court although you can send them in at the same time along with a covering letter

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you