How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My G.P. diagnosed a lump on my nose, as a cerbacious syst.

Customer Question

My G.P. diagnosed a lump on my nose, as a cerbacious syst. I had been to him five times over a period of 4 years with this complaint and since I was not happy with his answers I asked to be referred to a specialist. He said systs were no longer treated by the NHS so I would have to go privately. The specialist diagnosed the lump as Basal Cell Carcinoma, and had the doctor got the diagnosis right, the consultation would have been free on the NHS. Who should pay for the consultation, myself or the medical practice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.


This is known as clinical negligence in law whereby your GP medically misdiagnosed your condition.


As such, they should have refunded you for whatever you paid privately. I suggest you send the Practice a letter before action setting out the basis of your claim and give them until say 11 April 2014 to pay you the money failing which you may make a negligence claim against the GP.


If they still fail to pay up, you may make a claim online for the money at


on the grounds cited above.


Hope this helps