How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Im currently in the process of buying a friends house my mortgage

This answer was rated:

I'm currently in the process of buying a friends house my mortgage is in place and an offer has been accepted he can't come out his mortgage for another two months due to early redemption penalties he has been offered a Job over seas and is going out to check things out and the house will be empty till the sale he has offerd me to stay in the house to house sit as long as I take over the bills and such could this affect me buying the property?

No, this should not affect you buying the property as you will be living in the house for 2 months as a licensee or guest of your friend rent free and no-one (i.e. your lender) needs to be told about this private arrangement.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So it would be ok to change council tax ,gas and electric to his address in my name.?
Absolutely okay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so on the council tax forum where is says new address details it has owner, other,tenant, as I won't be the owner for 2 months and I'm not paying rent do I put guest in .
You need to choose the "other" option.

I trust this answers your original query.
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you