How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi,last week I had a second knee replacement ,I have been suffering

This answer was rated:

hi,last week I had a second knee replacement ,I have been suffering with osteo arthritis can I claim a state payment for this

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

A state payment for what please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

disablement I cannot do my job 100per cent because I cannot kneel down again

I presume you are no longer employed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still employed,i am on long term sick at the moment on half pay,i feel as though I will be forced to retire early I am 60


Sorry if Im missing the point but you are asking about your benefit position or whether you have a claim against the government for the injury?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if I can claim any payment benefit or otherwise because of my condition


You may be entitled to top up payments of income support depending on your income.

You may also be able to claim disability living allowance.

If your income is sufficiently low then you may be eligible for housing benefit and a council tax reduction.

The best thing to do is have a benefits check up but, from what you say, you would probably be entitled to something especially if your condition is long term.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you