How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi my name isXXXXX i have a home insurance policy

This answer was rated:

Hi my name isXXXXX i have a home insurance policy with the European risk insurance company and i have an outstanding ongoing claim for storm damage from 14 02 14. I have been unable to agree a settlement with the loss adjusters Knowles loss adjusters, it has got to the point where i have requested the help of the Ombudsman service to be told that this company are not registered correctly and the Ombudsman service can not help me. What can i do. yours Phil Grout.

This company lost its operating licence from the Icelandic Financial Supervsitory Authority, it is an Icelandic company and there are many people in your situation in the UK I am afraid e.g. see this story in the Daily Mail recently:

As advised on the company's website:

The Financial Supervisory Authority has appointed a three person Resolution Board, according to Article 91 of the Act on Insurance Activities, which comprises of the following persons:

David A. Einarsson, Chartered Accountant
Erla S. Arnadottir, Supreme Court Attorney
Pall Johannesson, District Court Attorney

For claims notifications or information please use this email address: [email protected]

To contact the Resolution Committee please use this email address: [email protected]

All correspondence should be directed to your local office:

UK Contact Office

Essex,SS1 1AS

You should therefore send details of your claim to all the emails stated above and to the UK contact address stated above.

You may also contact the Icelandic Insurance Complaints Committee and see if you are able to get any assistance from them:

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks for your answer, but i have a follow up question which is under the current circumstances am i insured by this policy i have with European Risk ins co. Can i be certain i will be paid out if something else happens.

I am afraid the insurer is no longer licensed to operate so I would say you are no longer covered and should not expect any payout. I would advise you to take out another cover as soon as possible.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you