How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have an eighteen month old son,father not on birth certificate

This answer was rated:

I have an eighteen month old son,father not on birth certificate ,we are not together any more,my son does see his father several times a week,but now I have been told,that he may be supplying drugs,what can I do to protect my son, as my son has medical condition,where by he is under the hospital for narrowing of the wind pipes,can you please advise me,as I don't want anything to happen to my son.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you trust your ex's mother to keep the child safe?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I do trust her
has your ex accepted this restriction to contact or do you expect him to cause a fuss?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expect a fuss already texting nasty messages of abuse
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expect a fuss has already sent abusive messages by text
My apologies for the delay
You are being entirely reasonable in wishing to ensure the safety of your son
You are offering regular contact in a safe environment
You should offer to discuss this with your ex using Family mediation ( but make it clear that if he is not willing to accept what you are offering then he will have to apply to the Court for a defined contact order - and given his history there is little chance of him getting more than you are offering
If he continues to send you abusive messages you can report him to the police and ask that future arrangements be made via his mother
If you need further information then please ask
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you