How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, Ive recently received a high court enforcement letter

Customer Question


I've recently received a high court enforcement letter requesting payment of £630, relating to a previously owned car of mine that was seen driven without insurance.

the car was sold in july '12 and the incident occured on 16/04/13.

I have received confirmation from both the police and dvla that the car is no longer in my name, however, they are unable to confirm that the car was not in my name on 16/04/13 due to data protection.

If I do not make payment today, the bailiffs will be on my door step tomorrow.

What can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you send the V5 to the DVLA when you sold the car please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo,


I think I did but I can not be sure. At the moment I'm saying I did.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Does that mean you accept that you might not have sent it please?