How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Domestic violence bail conditions The condition states that

This answer was rated:

Domestic violence bail conditions

The condition states that 'not to contact directly or indirectly the wife.

I being the brother in law, can I contact her as well without infringing the bail condition?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo


I have typed the same question twice and have had no reply after clicking the 'Reply to Expert, pad.


Where should I be looking for the answer?

Well, for instance, why would you be contacting her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo


I love and respect both, the brother and his wife. I would like to mediate and resolve their indifferences amicably.


I am afraid that that does amount to a breach of his bail.

If you intend speaking to her about her relationship with him then the crown will say that he has asked you to do that if she complains. If you speak to her at his direction then he is making indirect contact with her.

I suppose, in legal theory, if you were acting off your own bat and he had not asked you to do this then he will not be in breach of his bail but the crown will not accept that that is what has happened.

I am realistic about this type of thing. I know that it goes throughout the country because normal families do not resolve their disputes by calling the police and when they have done so they want to put things right and negotiate with each other in the usual way. However, unfortunately as soon as the police are summonsed to referee this type of thing good sense is lost.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you