How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi, just a quick query please. I had a relationship with

This answer was rated:

hi, just a quick query please.

I had a relationship with a ladt, even got married to her (islamiclly) there is no proof of this.

She then got pregnanat and left me telling me that 'i needed you merely for a child and now im goin back to my first husband' ( who was unable to perform).

The child was due o 08/04/14. She is refusing to let me have any contcat and even telling me that she will not be putting my name of the birth certificate. This is my child, she has been texting me telling me its my child and that her husband was unable to give her a child. I need contcat with my child, i want an intrest in the childs welfaare and life. What do i do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary.
You should try and discuss matters with this woman using Family mediation (
However of that fails then once the child is born you can apply to the court for Parental Responsibility for the child and for a defined contact order
You can read more about this here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for that.


The issue is that i dont even knw the childs name, the child was born on 08/04/14 and the mother is saying that she will go abroad as soon as she can get a passport for the child.


She want me to have nothing to do with teh child.


If i apply for a court order i will obviously need the childs name?


How can i enforce a DNA test?


Thankyou for all your help

No you can simply refer to the child as "Baby Mums surname"
Within the court application you can ask the court to order a DNA test - if the mother refuses then the Court will certainly assume that the child is indeed your child
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you