How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My wife who works as a visiting carer parked at a block of

This answer was rated:

My wife who works as a visiting carer parked at a block of flats to visit someone she is caring for. I, as the registered keeper. have received letters asking for £100 as it was private parking.. I have ignored them so far. From the internet it seems that I am under real obligation to pay the charge. Is this so?


Which company has issued the ticket?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ethical Parking Management

Thank you.

You do not have to pay the charge and may appeal against the ticket on grounds such as

you do not agree that a valid contract was formed;

disputing the fact that they are authorised by the landowner to enter into contracts on behalf of the landowner;

disputing the reasonableness of the 100 pounds charge and asking them to prove that it is a genuine pre-estimate of loss and not simply an unenforceable penalty;

You may also ask them for a POPLA code if they do not allow the appeal.

Then you may lodge a further appeal with POPLA:

It is very likely that you will win the appeal with POPLA.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you