How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

need help with a court decision against me that broke the law

Customer Question

need help with a court decision against me that broke the law and now have a debt against me need help
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a bit more please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took my tenant to court for not paying rent to have her evicted she contered with a harassment case judge ordered me to pay her for work she said she did and work she had a friend do he gave false company receipt her solicitor was told to agree costs never did and then they got judgment against me for costs and her moneis as she did not send any court paperwork to me but to an address I did not live at

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry for the delay. I got locked out of the site earlier!

You said that you talk the tenant to court but then say that you did not get any papers because the court paperwork went to an address that you did not live at.

Can you please explain exactly what happened with the court case or court cases please?