How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I am a 73 yrs old retired Police Officer and married for

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 73 yrs old retired Police Officer and married for 48 yrs. I caught my wife with my best friend 34 yrs ago, and she has had 2 more affairs since. we argue so much, that my son, who lives 350 miles away, has told me I can go and live with him. As I cannot get all MY property away in one go, can I go back into the matrimonial home, which is in both our names, to collect the rest of my property?. I have told my wife she can have the house, and everything in it, except my own things that would be of no use to her whatsoever.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?