How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My mothers solicitor has ceased trading. She has an Enduring

This answer was rated:

My mother's solicitor has ceased trading. She has an Enduring Power of Attorney and her Will documents at home. Does she need to re-register with another solicitor and will this incur more fees?

No, she does not need to register with another solicitor.

The EPA must be registered if not already if your mother is losing mental capacity or has lost it already. If she has mental capacity, there is no need to register the EPA.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you