How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I bought a trial sample of a product called Raspberry Ketone

This answer was rated:

I bought a trial sample of a product called Raspberry Ketone Blast ( a weight loss product) I was billed £4.95 for it which I paid by credit card. What I did not realize and suspect many other people don't is that in the small print of terms and conditions I was apparantly signing up to agree to pay 99.95 in 14 days time! and subsequently the same amount each month, some trial product! The product arrived 8 days ago and I have been trying it, thinking that if I found it helpful I could order some more, I find that I have been deceived by the advertising into thinking I was only purchasing a trial sample.
I have contacted the company who are adamant that they will not refund my £99.95 though they will agree to cancel the ongoing monthly payment. ( the company will of course send more of their product for the monthly fee.)
I consider I have been misled by their advertising and I'm sure many others also.

My question is what they have done legal and in the spirit of the law?

I am afraid you are one of hundreds of people who have been scammed by this company. See here for the endless people complaining:

I would suggest that you contact your bank's fraud department and see if they are able to refund the money back to you. You should also ensure that no further money is taken from your credit card by this company by alerting your bank.

You may go to court but there is no guarantee that you will get your money back and you will spend a lot of time.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you