How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my house was re possesed over 12 months ago with a debt of

Customer Question

my house was re possesed over 12 months ago with a debt of around 40,000. it wa sold for over 100,000. how do i go about claiming the equity?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may contact the solicitors who acted for the lender in selling the property or you may contact the lender directly and ask for the return of the residue or surplus back to you.

You may telephone them first and they may ask you to write a letter requesting for the money to be paid to you.

Can I assist further ?