How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi ,I am opening a cafe and takeaway business and would like

This answer was rated:

Hi ,I am opening a cafe and takeaway business and would like to know the insurance that I have to take in order for the business to be allowed to operate. I am renting the business premises. Thank you

If you have employees, it is mandatory to have Employers Liability Insurance for at least 5M.

It is advisable but not mandatory to also have Public Liability and Product Liability Insurance as essential to protect you from claims from customers or visitors to your premises (e.g. slips, trips and falls) and product liability in event event that say people get food poisoning.

You may then have additional insurance to cover you for employee theft (e.g. pilfering from the tills, loss of money, goods in transit, stock cover, business interruption, fixtures and fittings etc.

You may use a single insurer to cover you for all of the above or different insurers although it makes sense to get everything covered under one roof.

e.g. see here:

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you