How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, My mother named me and a firm of solictors DKLL who went

This answer was rated:

My mother named me and a firm of solictors DKLL who went into administration in 2008 as executors and trustees of her will. I have contacted the SRA who now hold the latest copy of the will. Does this mean I am now the only executor and trustee as the solicitor no longer exists and their records are held by the SRA?
Yes, if the firm has ceased trading, you are the sole executor left and you may apply for grant of probate yourself and explain that the professional executor appointed has ceased to trade and therefore is not involved in the administration of the estate of your late mother.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Looking at the probate form I have to fill in, it says give the names of the executors who are NOT applying for probate and lists A,B,C,D,E as a reply as shown below.


A = Pre-deceased
B = Died after the
C = Power Reserved
D = Renunciation
E = Power of Attorney


None of these fit, so what do I put in the very small place left to answer this?


You may leave that blank and explain in a letter what has happened and enclose proof e.g. SRA confirmation.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you