How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am 68 years old and have a SIPP which has property investments

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and have a SIPP which has property investments and some debt. I have drawn a small tax free portion of it but never taken income. I want to ensure that my wife (also 68) receives all its income throughout her life if I predecease her. When she dies I want any remaining capital to go to my daughter who is not my wife's child and she has three of her own. How do I do that - my pension administrators seem unable to give me worthwhile advice.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You should deal with this by making a will which has your wishes clearly stated. If you don't have a will already see a solicitor with a view to making one. If you have a will already, change it to suit your defined wishes.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.