How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi. My husband promised me £3000 back in February, if Id sign

This answer was rated:

Hi. My husband promised me £3000 back in February, if I'd sign away my right to his property. I did so, thinking I could use this to pay for a divorce, and be able to rent a property for myself. However, he's now refusing to pay up, says if I want something, he'll buy it, but won't give me the money to move out. I'm wondering what options do I have to claim this money. Thanks.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
In fact you have not given up any of your rights to the property
You can start the divorce proceedings as soon as you wish and within those apply for a Financial Settlement and a payment of considerably more than £3000
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. That's pretty much what I'd decided was the best way forward.
That is excellent news
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you