How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50196
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am going to take a company to court as they have blocked

This answer was rated:

I am going to take a company to court as they have blocked my car in and I have had to hire a vehicle. I do not need advice on the case just the procedure for a small claim. On the initial claim is it best to just state the bare facts and then elaborate at the next stage.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you submitting the claim online?

Customer: Yes
Ben Jones :

ok in the space where you set out your claim you actually have a very limited amount of space in which to provide details of your claim so you are expected to just provide the basic minimum,s. You would then need to file a separate Particulars of Claim (or Statement of Case) where you would go into more detail about the whole claim. Later on you would also have the opportunity to provide a witness statement with more details of your evidence. But at the initial stage, when you complete the online form, it is just a brief description of the case

Customer: Thank you. I will no doubt have more questions as the case moves forward.
Ben Jones :

no problem, come back to us any time

Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you