How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We want to set up a fund for a 9 yr-old girl who has just lost

This answer was rated:

We want to set up a fund for a 9 yr-old girl who has just lost both Parents. A fund into which anyone can contribute, and which is managed for her future. What should we be looking at?

The simplest form of trust for the child is a Bare Trust where the trust fund can be accessed by the child when they turn 18.

You or someone else can be the Trustee and the beneficiary is the child. Most banks or building societies offer bare trust accounts and you can shop around for a suitable bank or building society.

You may read more about such a trust here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you