How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello. This one is a bit tricky. My girlfriend divorced her

Customer Question

Hello. This one is a bit tricky. My girlfriend divorced her ex husband in january 2012. He promised that they would reach a settlement concerning their 2 properties via a private amicable agreement. This has not happened. He never agrees on a price for a sale. I understand there is something called an 'Order For Sale' in which a court can determine a price, and force through a sale of a house with or without the consent of one of the people on the mortgage. How easy/expensive are these things to achieve? Thanks, Matthew.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What was agreed in mediation and what i she now asking for?