How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Dear Sir/Madam, My wife was born in Bolivia with Mexican passport,

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
My wife was born in Bolivia with Mexican passport, we got married on 2009 in Italy because I'm italian but resident in Uk since 1995.
Our relation has not been good for a wile now, AND SHE WANTS to go to her country with the baby for 3 month
so she can feel better And after we could decide what to do.
But, few days ago I read 2 mails from my wife.

The first was a long letter where she was describe ME as an aggressive And violent person I don't really know who she sent that email to.

The second one it was an email from HER sister where she said to have consulted many solicitors in Bolivia and was important to me to sign a travel consent in order to her to stay for good in her country without any problem and any movement of money needed to be done
would you please advice me what will happen if I sign this document?
In worried that she will do something against me before to leave.

She has done the ticket for the19 of this month so next Saturday ..

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Obviously I cannot advise on Bolivian law and custom but you may specify in your authorisation or consent letter that you are the father of the child, given child details e.g. Name, date of birth and nationality and state that you consent to the mother of the child to travel to Bolivia from the UK with the child for a period of xxx months and that the mother has to return with the child to the UK after xxx months.

This consent therefore only covers whatever you have agreed with the mother of the child so that you do not consent to her staying there for good.

Hope this helps
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
I have just been advised that Bolivia is not a party to The Hague convention so you may find that your child Cannot be brought back to the UK if the child's mother refuses to bring the child back to the UK.