How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am giving my son £27,000 for a deposit on his first home.

This answer was rated:

I am giving my son £27,000 for a deposit on his first home. His solicitor has said i need to speak to another solicitor about this.

Are you gifting the money or do you wish to have an interest in the property which he wishes to purchase?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am giving him the money and have no interest in the property.

Thank you. In that case, you may write a letter to your son's solicitor confirming that you have gifted your son the money and confirm that you have no claim against the property which your son is purchasing.

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you