How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi I bought a new build off Taylor wimpey 2 years come May

Customer Question

Hi I bought a new build off Taylor wimpey 2 years come May and reported problems in the June since then we have bricks removed at least 7 times the front of our house almost replaced and still water is coming out of the bricks and not the weep vents,,, it's only happening to our house nobody else's and now yesterday they are saying that either there is something wrong with the bricks even though they are building houses now with the same brick!!! Or sometimes this happens.. We have given them 2 years to sort this out and still no further forward, as nobody knows the real problem, I need help now as how long do we give them
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know how long I need to let Taylor wimpey carry on taking bricks out and still can't find problem

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi up am still waiting for any information that you can help me with as to what can I do next or who do I need to contact

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Still no answer after giving alot of information
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Have you had a surveyor out to look at this please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we have had everyone out including NHBC.. Nobody has ever seen this happen before nobody knows how or why it's happening,, so they have been trying to replace weep trays bricks on seven occasions almost the front of my house is new yet it's still happening

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Has the surveyor suggested a resolution? Have you tried your own indepedant surveyor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No as we paid 140,000 for a New house we feel that we have paid enough out.. All that have been round to see our house don't know how thus is happening so for the past 2 years they have been trying to fix problem but failed

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
I would appoint your own surveyor. They may be able to shed some light on the problems, escoially if they are a structural engineer. You should then know what is causing the problem and ask wimpey to fix it and seek the cost of the surveyor back.

Once you know what is wrong you can get quotes for fixing it and ask wimpey to do it - this forms your loss.

You need to write and set out your losses and request the work done or payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?