How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I am going through an amicable divorce with my husband.

Customer Question


I am going through an amicable divorce with my husband. We have agreed that my 2 step sons will live with me as their main residence. I currently have a Step Parental Responsibility agreement but would like advice on the best way forward now. I assume that once divorced I will have no legal relationship with the boys?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
In fact the Agreement that was signed will survive the divorce and you will retain parental responsibility for the boys.
However if you have any concerns that your ex will go back on the agreement then you can apply to the court for a residence order assuming that the boys are still under 16
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brilliant, thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome