How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi. What level of carbon monoxide poisoning do you have to

This answer was rated:

Hi. What level of carbon monoxide poisoning do you have to have on the CO scale to make a claim. Mine was 2.7

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Yes. This is a tenant landlord matter. Tenant claims to have carbon monoxide poisoning and has a report that says his co level is 2.7. What level would it have to be to make a successful claim ?

Has the toxicologist confirmed whether this will have any lasting effect on your health?
How did this happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo...Sorry for confusion. Iam the landlord. I have seen the tenants report and it does not say anything re long lasting affects. He says it came from the gas fire but the plummer says the fire is clean

If you follow this link,

You will see that a level of 2.5% is the level at which it can start to affect health although you will also see that much higher levels can be caused by smoking and living in an industrial area.

It is not the level of the carbon monoxide that is the problem but whether any long term injury has happened as a result of this.

Just because a person may have been exposed to carbon monoxide does not necessarily mean that they have been injured by it.

If they want to bring a claim for personal injury, they are going to need a medical report which says that they have suffered injury from the exposure. Just because the level happens to be high in their bloodstream is not sufficient to bring an injury claim.

If they suffer shortness of breath/difficulty breathing and dizzy spells even in the short term, then they may have a claim and it might be worthwhile their ringing around are few solicitors to see if they can find one who would take this on, on a no win no fee basis.

However toxicology claims are extremely specialised and the person may need to ring around a few firms before they get one that will even look at it. Without a medical report to say that there is an injury, either short-term or long-term, they have no claim.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you