How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Can you assist with my request to merge 2 Court cases i have

This answer was rated:

Can you assist with my request to merge 2 Court cases i have running presently - the 1st is my Claim against a tenant & the 2nd is the tenant's Claim against me. The parties are the same and the reason for each claim is to do with rent not being paid. The Court has suggested I fill in a form N244 with £45 fee but this form doesn't seem to exactly fulfil my situation. Thank you.

Philip Austin ([email protected])

You have been advised correctly, it is indeed form N244 to make an application to consolidate both cases.

The court has the power to do so under CPR 3.1(2)(g), see here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you