How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now


This answer was rated:
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today

Self-employed income has to be reported to HM Revenue and Customs (formerly Inland Revenue). She can report her income on a self assessment basis by submitting a tax return by 31 October after the end of each financial year. HMRC will calculate whether any income tax is due.
I noticed you left a negative rating. Can I clarify anything for you?
You should find this link useful:

You should note that if your wife earns less than £2,500 per annum she will not have to do a tax return but she still has to notify HMRC of her work.

Happy to discuss further if needed.

Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you