How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

ITs been two years since appeal court costs were awarded against

This answer was rated:

IT's been two years since appeal court costs were awarded against my husband but he as not received bill is there a time limit

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Not received a bill from the other side please?
Alex Watts : What did the order say, he has to pay £x?

my husband was in hospital so was not in court for judgement we never received any paper work

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : If its against him they have 6 years to enforce the order.
Alex Watts : After this they have to apply to the court for permission to enforce it,
Alex Watts : Therefore generally 6 years is the rule.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you