How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10794
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Land Registry have confirmed Title Absolute to my late fathers

This answer was rated:

Land Registry have confirmed Title Absolute to my late fathers estate, on a property inhabited by my parents for over 20 years. We were advised of this recently. We have now been informed that a council have challenged the decision and Land Regustry have put an interest from the council on the property. Having awarded Title Absolute, can this decision be overturned?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Title absolute can be challenged, but if a third party did make a claim and were successful, then the Land Registry would have to indemnify the paper owner (you/your parent's estate).
I must say it would be most unusual for any party to dispute ownership of a property with absolute title- are you sure the Council are indeed trying to claim ownership?
I would guess that they would be rather claiming a financial interest in the property- possibly for outstanding Nursing home fees? (just a guess).

If you could let me have a little more information, that would help me.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you