How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10732
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We are a property management company with 14 apartments in

This answer was rated:

We are a property management company with 14 apartments in one location. There is a Service charge apportioned between the tenants who own their properties.
If with agreement of the tenants we vary these percentages do we need to notify the Land Registry?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

On the basis that each Lease contains a clause stipulating what percentage share of service charge the respective Flat is liable for, then a Deed of Variation, confirming the new percentage will need to be drawn up. This Deed needs to be drawn up so there is no argument in the future as to the percentage payable, and for it to be valid, it will need to be registered at the Land Registry.

I am afraid there is no other way of legally changing the percentage service charge allocation other than doing it this way.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you