I hit a car and failed to stop but reported the accident to

I hit a car and failed to stop but reported the accident to the insurance and went to the police the same day. I completed section 4 of the police form and the officer stamped it and told me that they would send me a letter. I am very scared and still waiting for that letter or whatever they decide to do with me . It has been 4 days since . What do you think they are likely to do with me ?
Many thanks.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think they will take any action? You reported to the police within 24 hours?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know but some people say that even if you report the accident to the insurance and you report to the police station they ( the police) can still take you to court . I have been reading that they can fine you up to £ 5000 and 5-10 penalty points or even disqualify you from driving for 6 months. I

If you reported within 24 hours then they cannot charge you with failing to stop and report.

They could, of course, prosecute for driving without due care but that only carries 3-9 points or a ban and a fine and that is unlikely for a damage only collision.

5-10 points or a ban is the sentence for a failing to stop and report and you did report.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile