How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Yes i have had permission by the mother and farther of the

This answer was rated:

Yes i have had permission by the mother and farther of the son who where previous owners of the land but who later died and the land was left to the son so i just kept on maintaining the land so he must of been fully aware the land was still being maintain by me which i have many witnesses
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have maintained a fence plot i for thirty one years, mowing strimming etc. The last owner has owned it for approx 20 years who i have meet once in that time, i have supplied machinery, fuel and time. The original verbal agreement with the mother and father who he inherited the land from was to do this maintenance so i could use some of this land as an allotment.

I have never paid rent other who do have a allotment who do pay rent. He is returning cheques so he can have vacant possession, as i have never paid rent were do i stand in this matter? I understand there are law's covering adverse possession, if the owner sells this land how long after this do i have to claim adverse possession also would i be clamming of the new or old land owner

I am afraid you will have difficulty claiming adverse possession as you had permission from the previous owners to use the plot as an allotment, adverse means you need to have occupied the plot without consent.

Your claim would now be against the new owners.

You may go ahead and apply if you still wish to in which case you should read this guide here from the Land Registry and see if you really fit the criteria of being in adverse possession:

You may then apply yourself or appoint a solicitor or registered conveyancer to apply for you to be registered as the owner, if you feel you have a valid claim.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If i do go for adverse possisition how long after the sale how soon do i need to apply


This is the second time today i had to enter by visa asking the same questions but it was a chap called toni , will charged twice because laptop wouldn't let me respond properly.

I have asked your first question to be closed, you will be refunded for it.

There is no time period as such, but the sooner you do it, the better.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you