How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Here are main information.I Have two application i made

This answer was rated:

Here are main information. I Have two application i made with my lawyer. 1) British citizenship Fee not paid yet - he said he supposedly paid application cost, i have seen no proof. I have had my korean passport returned (thats what he told me that my passport arrived and gave my passport back) No news on my british passport My lawyer supposedly submit sometime in oct 13. He said I will have british passport by feb. But Not here still. 2) divorce paper- Married to French national. Full fee is paid £1800, cash pay. Paper supposedly submitted in oct-nov 13 I gave my application and paper work He said will be done and sorted within 2month Now the problem is he does not return any of my calls, text, whatsapp. None of them. He replied, "Sorry, Im busy, Call back later" Never returned ,my calls and does not pick up my calls. I tried to call him over so many occasion and he just does not reply. He did not give me any update for 2month and in fact nothing for almost 4month. I really don't think this is normal. Is this normal? He never gave me any proof of posting of my two application. I want my divorce to be sorted so i can move on with my life and this lawyer is making my life really hell and i feel really stuck. I have no idea if my divorce paper is with the court, and i don't know which court? I have no idea if its submitted. Because he doesn't reply, i have noway of find out, so i cant track myself. **** 1) I need to know if a new lawyer can be hired to sort this out from this mess.? 2) Can you recommend well established & proper law firm? I need lawyer to sort this out quick and properly. His name is ***** ***** immigration advisor. He also works with XXXX , I tried to see Soli osman to have a chat and he was screaming and shouting at me that it has nothing to do with him about XXXX **** I need real help to sort this out, please give me accurate advise and what is the next step for me to take in order to sort this out. I cant wait for him to return my calls. At this point I don't care about this moron, I just want these two application sorted and know its whereabouts ? if its in process? some sort of update in regards ***** ***** applications. And after once my application is all sorted then what further action can i take with this immigration advisor-XXX.? I will not let him just off after all this, but first i need to get my papers sorted.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today. 1/ There is no solicitor by the namd of XXX I have confirmed this with the Law Society. 2/ There is an immigration adviser calledXXXX but according to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner he works for Slough Immigration Aid Unit: XXXX/ If you work is being done by XXXs you should complain to the solicitor about the poor service that you have received. If things do not improve you can complain to the Legal Ombudsman - here are their details: XXXX/ In respect ofXXXX you can complain directly to the OISC here:XXXX/ If you would much rather employ a new reliable solicitor I would suggest this firm:XXX- they specialise in family and immigration laws. They are based in North London but if this is inconvenient I can refer you to someone else. I am happy to assist further if needed. Alex

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know he is an immigration adviser.

I didn't say he was with XXX i said that he also works with Osman, thats why i went to see him and try to chat - Anyway.

If he was with Osman, then i would be complaining to the Osman already.

You didn't mention, where I can find out information about my divorce papers & British passport documents ?

Can you please give me more than one source of firm?

I am based in central london.

Im going to be honest, I'm not entirely happy with your answers for this price.


OK. I'm going to opt out.

Hello, I see that my colleague has opted out. Do you still need help? If so, please let me know whyXXX who is not a solicitor but an immigration adviser dealing with your divorce paperwork? Please also specify your questions which need to be addressed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

He is dealing with my divorce papers because he said he was able to do it. Also he has been dealing with my visa application & Perminent Residency application in the past and he was only adviser i knew in the uk so i asked for advise on divorce paper. I was told by XXXit was very simple and straignt forward. so have decided to use his service once again. Mainly because not really knowing the differences in different sector of solicitor at the time.

And now he is not answering.

How can i track my divorce papers? (I have no information whatsoever)

Where does divorce papers get submitted?

How can I track My british citizenship application?

Is it normal its taking this long for both applications?

Can new Solicitor able to over take the mess XXXXhave left me in?

Central-ish based reliable firm would be helpful.


You may contact the courts nearest to you to see if there is any record of your divorce petition having been filed, you may use this search facility
Divorce petitions are usually filed at the court nearest to you dealing with divorce matters
You may contact the Home Office to see if there is any record of your application
Citizenship and nationality enquiries***@******.***
Telephone: 0300(###) ###-####
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
I suspect that this person may not have done anything at all with your applications, you need to check first whether they have been lodged and when they were lodged and what progress is being made.
The new solicitor may be able to sort out the mess but it may take long if you need to get back your original documents if these have not been lodged yet by this person
You may use the Law Society search facility to find a solicitor who can take your case on
Hope this helps. Please take a second to rate the service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the link- XXXX

1)I wanted to ask, how can i tell which one is reliable or have a good credit solicitor? As there are so many on the list.

All on the list cannot be all good?

2) I am not sure which nearest court XXXX went to for my divorce paper.

So,IF I contact the nearest one to me, if it has been filed n submitted, will they have a record of it even if it isn't a specific court?

3) Does it normally take as long as whats happening to my applications?

1) we are not allowed to refer particular solicitors here which is why you should choose your own based on your judgement, one mans meat is another mans poison 2) you may contact a few courts to see which one has any record, a court not dealing with the petition may not have a record it it. The principle registry may also be contacted for details of the decree absolute or final order, see here 3) you should have heard something by now, usually after 6 months you can follow up. All the best. I am logging out now, please remember to leave feedback

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you