How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

This question is for UKSolicitorJA only. Dear sir, Kindly

This answer was rated:

This question is for UKSolicitorJA only.

Dear sir,

Kindly give me information on the following points:

1) Do you see any use if my husband and I spend time to come to UK to visit my son during his term breaks / summer holidays? Roughly how long should we stay in UK in a year?

2) Would you suggest what part-time income level my son should have, in order to justify that he stays in UK not only for the purpose of studying? When I mentioned that his average part-time income is GDP160/week (GDP 8,320/year), it already considered that he would earn less during the school term, and earn more during the term breaks when he can dedicate more work hours.

3) If we want to buy a small apartment for my son (now 16 years 4 months old), can we hold the property in-trust for him, and then transfer to him when he is 18? Would that lead to high legal fees or what suggestion would you offer to us?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Best regards,

I would respond as follows

1. There is no hard and fast rule regarding this and and in fact no requirement for you to come to the UK to visit him

2 there is no income rules, the crucial thing is that he is in any type of work

3 yes, you may purchase a property and hold it in trust for him until he turns 18 using a declaration of trust, solicitors fees should be reasonable and should not be more than £2000

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you