How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The application for specific disclosure. I have filed a claim

This answer was rated:

The 'application for specific disclosure'. I have filed a claim and submitted N181, requesting a 1 month stay for ADR purposes. Can the ‘application for disclosure’ be applied for now as part of the ADR process or does this only apply further into the court process after the 1 month stay has expired and the court has set the timetable?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You can't use an application as part of ADR

Alex Watts :

If the claim has been stayed for ADR settlement then you need to see that process through

Alex Watts :

If ADR fails and they refuse to disclose you can make an application using form N244 for disclosure

Alex Watts :

Does that help?


thank you

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you