Hi, My tenant left the flat without giving notice and without

My tenant left the flat without giving notice and without paying the last month rent. As she was a student and a single mother she was council tax exempt,( which I got to know afterwards), so I assume she was getting housing benefit as well.
Is there any way where I could get the last month rent directly paid by the council?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Sadly not.
Alex Watts : The council have no obligation to pay you anything, you have no contract with the council.
Alex Watts : Your contract is with the tenant.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certaintly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : You could ask the council, but they are likely to say no.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thank you very much for your reply.

does it mean that the tenant can put the money the council is giving her for the rent in her pocket and not be accountable for that?

Alex Watts : Sadly yes.
Alex Watts : The tenant is accountable,