How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71151
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If I have lasting power of Attorney for my husband who is in

This answer was rated:

If I have lasting power of Attorney for my husband who is in care with dementia can I sign on his behalf on joint documents that have come up for renewal

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What are the documents exactly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mtge - 2 yr fixed finished fixing for a further 2 yrs


I am sorry but its bad news.

Provided there is nothing detrimental to your husband in this and provided the lender accepts the power of attorney, there is no legal reason why you cannot do it

However if the lender will not agree to it, there is nothing that you can do.

I'm sorry if this is bad news for you.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you