How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

RE: Request For Explanation of Order I have Chronic Fatigue

Customer Question

RE: Request For Explanation of Order

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and this can impair my cognitive skills in certain circumstances (particularly during periods of stress).  Earlier today I was in Court and the Judge gave an Order contrary to my requests via Application... But I do not completely understand why I have been unsuccessful.  For, after reading the relevant litigation, my request appears legitimate.  

It seems more likely that I have misunderstood something rather than the Judge has 'made a mistake', but can I request (in writing) an explanation for why my Application was rejected? [and if so what is the correct procedure to do this?]

... And can I request an appeal if my concerns due turn out to be legitimate? [and if so, how?]

Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

- The Judge would usually give the reasons for the decision in court at the time of granting or refusing a decision. Were you not present for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, but because of the CFS my brain went foggy at that part (due to high levels of stress) and I don't completely understand what happened, or why (hence mt question).
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
You should e-mail the Customer Services team at the Court immediately to ask whether there are any written reasons or audio recording available of the hearing. In the latter case you may have to pay for a transcript if the hearing was audio recorded. If it transpires that you have misunderstood the position then you need not take the matter any further. However, if the Judge has made an error in law or fact then you can apply for permission to appeal.