How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My childs father doesnt have set hours (we have been separated

Customer Question

My childs father doesn't have set hours (we have been separated two years+) and will just see her normally a couple of hours across a week. He has now up'd his contribution to bringing her up to £60 (£40 for her and £20 for nursery) he does not have her on his own or over night. He threatened me on Thursday, this is the second time it has happened so I have refused any contact with myself. Where do I stand on him seeing my daughter (will be three in spetember) He has threatened my life, saying he would destroy me and take everything (including my daughter) away from me, he has been very agrressive when doing so. I do not want my daughter near him as I do now fear him. however his family have said I have until Monday to decide whats happening otherwise they are taking me to court?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is the father named on the birth certificate and how much does he earn?