How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner and I were due to go on holiday, but he has pulled

Customer Question

My partner and I were due to go on holiday, but he has pulled out as we have recently split up. I want to go on my own, but am worried about leaving him in the house as he has caused criminal damage to my house and to a neighbour's house in the past, under the influence of alcohol.and also got rid of pets in order to spite me. He has been prosecuted for the two criminal damage offences and I have also called the police out to him in the past as he has also been verbally and emotionally abusive towards me, although this was some years ago. Again, alcohol contributed towards his behaviour. His behaviour has changed, on the whole, in recent years due to him drinking less. The house is registered in my name only and he only contributes towards the bills, but doesn't keep receipts, so I don't think there is a trust in land. I am also concerned that if I take my pets to be looked after while I am away that he may take them away from there. Although his abusive actions were some years ago, I don't trust him when he is angry.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Are you married to him and what is your query please?