How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have a sycamore tree in the front of the house which my

This answer was rated:

We have a sycamore tree in the front of the house which my neighbours have put in a complaint to the council that it is too large and want it reducing in size. If the council approve that it can be reduced, as it is in a conservation area, who is responsible for the cost?
Mike Eastwood.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Sadly as the tree belongs to you, you would be responsible for the reduction, even though you have not asked for it

Alex Watts :

This is because you are responsible for trees etc that are on your own land

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Thank you for your very quick response. I thought that this would be the case but thank you for looking into my question.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you