How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have recently separated from my partner of almost 15yrs.

Customer Question

I have recently separated from my partner of almost 15yrs. He is an alcoholic in denial. We have 1 son together. He assaulted me and is being charged with ABH. We jointly own our home and in January 2013 critical illness insurance cleared our mortgage because I have multiple sclerosis. I want what the insurance paid out to be taken off what our house is worth and given to me and the remainder divided between us as if it were our total property value.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth, how old is your child and who will he live with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


The house is worth at least 120,000. Our son is 11 and lives with me. The insurance paid out 86,000

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much would a cheaper two bedroom property cost to buy?