12826847

is it a criminal offence to have a 14 month old child in a

is it a criminal offence to have a 14 month old child in a car with no car seat fitted for a child ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How tall is your child please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

child is girl normal size for 14 months old.

And how tall is that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my granddaughter is a doctor and informs me that the child is 76cm.if you require any further information please let me know.

In that case it is unlawful.

The law now demands that any child travelling in any seat of a car must wear a child car seat until they are 12 years old or 135 cm.

In fairness, it is something that only leads to a fixed penalty fine generally rather than a criminal prosecution.

Can I clarify anything ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no further information required .Thank You.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/