How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71543
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

need good lawyer free advice on two cases

Customer Question

need good lawyer free advice on two cases
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

two got abused at 6 3o yrs go and he got guilty at crown court ruiend my life can i press sue also my partner mainy was taken in to care adopted by women that sufferd mental issues taken out thrown round abused by homes and broke her back and then also man trust who took her school 15 started relationship ruined her he was sacked reinstated the story gos on that was 25 yrs go her story is unbelivble sad she needs advice my stor he got convited but 36 ruiend my life

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

30 yrs go got abused the teenager who didd it to me got found guilty in court i was 6 at time .snd wonderd if i can make claim gainst them my partners is more sservere she got tooken into care adopted by sumone who went mental social services done lt mistakes abused at hmoes brok her bk were she tryd fleeing to point a employee who was taken 15 yr old school had relationship wid her then they sacked him reinstaed him thre lot of abuse sexalll and slang eveywere surely there must be somethink do ,social sevice mayd loads msitakes ruined her life

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry? What are you hoping to sue for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well got sexally abused taken court ruiend me and she got betrayed by social services aint there any law

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
You will need to ask another question about the social services issue because that is unrelated to your first question.

Does this person have any money?

Or any assets?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not sure it was 30 yrs go on me social servises would of care homes needs be looked into no is it possible ??

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

probley but 30 yrs go

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
You need to ask another question about the social services issue.

Did he receive a custodial sentence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no not sure ihe was 15 mayb 16 was 6

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he got guilty ruined my life oh for yrs school snd family work related surely that counts for sumthink

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

30years long time but it just now reased it from my head that as destroy my up bringing life

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just wanted know if it was possible worth doing anythink bout it

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Well, its not that simple I'm afraid.

In principle, you did have a claim. You are out of time under the Limitation Act 1980 to bring this claim now. You had 6 years from the date of your 18th birthday if you were a child at the time.

There has been some case law that has suggested that it can be lifted and, in fairness, you can always rely on S32 Limitation Act 1980 to apply but you need a pretty good reason. Courts are refusing applications.

The other problem though is that there is absolutely no point in suing unless he has some money. You would probably not get legal aid for this so you will have to fund it. That is all very well if your defendant can afford to pay the award. If he cannot then there is no point. That is unless, of course, he was acting as an employee and his employer could be pursued. It depends on the circumstances.

Can I clarify anything for you?