How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49827
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

HI My name isXXXXX and i did work for a man for 4 weeks.We

Customer Question

HI My name isXXXXX and i did work for a man for 4 weeks.We had an verbal agreement that he will pay 70 £ per day at the end of every week.He managed do not pay 4 weeks and i left the job.I know only his phone number ,his van reg.number,his first name and the penticostal church in Brent Cross whici he is conected whith (the church is called The Jesus House and he has a few permanent workers who are working in this church for him).I rot a letter bifore clime and i sended rejistred to building manager of this church adresed to this subcontractor hwo did not pay me but no ansver .What to do to get my money from this subcontractor?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. have you received any money from him
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did received for the first mount but he was late with the money so wheh gave the salary for the first mount he has to give me the salary for the next

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you did not ansver anything else so please dont asck me if i am satisfaied

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
I have not asked you anything..? How much does he actually owe you still?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Is the only way to contact him in writing through the church?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is a permanent subcontractor for this church and all in this church are blak like him and no way to get an ansver from the reception of this church about what is his family name.All in there are protecting him and i could not manage to spick with a pastor.Every day in the morning this man is coming to that church and he is using the stores of this church as his oun.He has a brother working as a pastor in that church. He has a house in Southgate ,where i did some work and i can find the address if i will go in there.He is not living in that house but he is using it for to store the materials.I tried to finde his name in the Southgate polise station ,giving them the registrations number of his van but thei gave me a n ritihg ansver that thei do not have the right to give me his address and name

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have an invalid wife home and a doghter to pay for hers study and it was a shok for me when i swoo that he is not going to pay.Please help Please take this case XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
We cannot take on the case for you, we are here just to advise you of your rights and what you can do.

If you have tried to get the money directly from the person and have even sent a letter before action, then if he still continues to refuse to pay you, all you can do is take him to the small claims court.

You can start the claim online via and you will be sent the claim papers in the post. You then have to serve these on the person. The issue is that if you have no address for him, which could be difficult. The church has no obligation to send these to him on your behalf so you may have to try and find his address somehow or see him in person and give him the papers that way.

But court is the next step, it is all you can realistically do to try and recover the money you are owed and the website above is where the claim is started.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am no satisfied with yours ansver!!!!! What did you tell me hew wich i didnt know? i did know that is dificult becouse i do not know even his family name and i did know that i can tray to make a clime!!! You sugested me to start a clime but the site are asking me defendant address and name.Will you take my money if you didnt do anything for me?I sugest you to send my money in to my account and do not take them.If you will not back the money i will pray the God to panish you.Even you did not tray to contact sombothy to ask to take this case.You used to make money from nothing that is the problem

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
OK what were you expecting from us exactly? To tell you this person's name and address? We are not private investigators so how can I do that? I am a lawyer, I can tell you the law, which I have done above - that is it, I can't make the claim for you or tell you where this person lives so you can fill in the claim for, I'm sorry...