How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am moving house and my boyfriend will be living with me.

Customer Question

I am moving house and my boyfriend will be living with me. If the relationship doesn't work out does he have any rights to my property ( should say that I am entirely funding cost of house & furniture!? Also if his name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds to the property does this give him right? Many thanks. Jean
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you considering putting him on the title deeds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He would like me to do this but I am nervous that it will give him more automatic rights to the property . Jean
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Is he making any financial contribution to the property at all?