How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i want to bring my wife from india my gross income is 20000

This answer was rated:

i want to bring my wife from india my gross income is 20000 is that ok or does it depend on my net income?
It depends on your gross income which is over the 18,600 limit, so you are okay.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but my net is only 2500 and i get tax credits will yhat go against me

No as long as your gross income is 20000 as you say it is.

Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i get working tax credit help with housing and councill tax im worried it will go against me although my gross is 20000

Your question has already been answered. Do you need further help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i go to the british embassy in india what papers do i need to take with me

You have left negative rating, but you appear to require further help. Was the rating left by mistake?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh im very sorry im new to this site im not sure how it works yes it was a mistake

Please see if you are able to change the rating, if not, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dear sir


can you just give me a clear answer gross 20000 i recieve hosing benfit and working tax credit i have divirce cert from previous marraiage can i make application for my wife in india what documents do i need to take with me and how much will it cost for spouse visa.


Thank you

If your gross income is more than £18600 you are eligible,to sponsor for a spouse visa. Please ask your other questions on a new question.

See this guide for more information
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you never answerd my question propley i told just answer even they told me to ask you again witc i did and i still get no proper answer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
how much does my gross income needs to be if i want to bring a wife from india who has a child
to bring a wife from india who has a child? does it matter if my net is 2000 and i recieve working tax credit what doucments do i need to take with me
That matters is gross income, not net income.The following documents are required: Wage slips covering 6 or 12 months prior to the date of the application (depending on the length of employment); and A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips, confirming the person's employment and gross annual salary; the length of their employment; the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency); and Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.The guidance states that in addition, P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted or requested by the decision-maker, in respect of paid employment in the UK.If cash savings are being used to meet or contribute to the minimum income requirement, they must have been held by the applicant, their partner or both jointly and under their control, and for at least the six months prior to the date of application. The first £16,000 in cash savings are not taken into account. This is because £16,000 is the level at which a person generally ceases to be eligible for income-related benefits. When applying for temporary leave to remain, the amount of cash savings that can be counted towards the income requirement is calculated by dividing the amount of savings over £16,000 by 2.5 (this is equivalent to the number of years of temporary leave being applied for). When applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (after five years), all cash savings over £16,000 can be considered.The above and Further information here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think my english is no good you dont seem to understand me if you wany money im happy to pay you again i just need answers


Im selfemployed gross 22000

what papers do i need to take with me to india


my net is 2200 i reieve working tax credit and help with my council tax


i live in a council house

i have no savings

Hi Parveen,

Please open a new question with your further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
if you look at my question its very simple i just want answer